All the EdAlive Online Learning websites are ST4S compliant
All of the EdAlive Online Learning websites have easily met the minimum standards of the new ST4S (Safer Technologies for Schools) assessment.
- Typing Tournament Online. (6/12/2019 ST4S Version 1.0)
- Maths Invaders Online. (6/12/2019 ST4S Version 1.0)
- Words Rock Online. (6/12/2019 ST4S Version 1.0)
- Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online. (6/12/2019 ST4S Version 1.0)
- Volcanic Panic Reading Success Online. (6/12/2019 ST4S Version 1.0)
ST4S certification validates our low-risk design
From inception the EdAlive Online Learning websites are built with privacy and child protection front of mind. This intentional design has made it possible for then to pass the ST4S assessment process without modification.
About the new ST4S assessment program
The ST4S evaluation process is being adopted across Australia and will eventually require all products and services in use by schools to be aligned to the ST4S standards. ST4S is sponsored by all Australian state and territory governments, Catholic Network of Australia, the Independent Schools Council of Australia and other relevant bodies.
ST4S criteria for assessment
An ST4S assessment evaluates the compliance of 3rd party products for compliance against criteria encompassing cyber security controls, the Australian Privacy Principle Guidelines and eSafety, all within the context of school use. It is designed to reduce the risk to schools when using online services.
Local and State based compliance
The various educational jurisdictions across Australia each have their own eSafety requirements, some of which may be additional to ST4S compliance.
Checking the veracity and scope of ST4S compliance
ESA advise that schools wishing to enquire further about the details of the EdAlive websites ST4S status should direct their enquiries to the relevant education authority (Government schools to the relevant State/Territory Department of Education, Catholic schools to their local State or Diocese office and Independent schools to their State/Territory association).
Key features of the low risk, high security EdAlive Central design
From their inception, all of the EdAlive Central websites have been designed with privacy, security and eSafety in mind. This rock-solid design and our long heritage as publishers of elearning solutions acts at the foundation for all of our websites. Highlights of the EdAlive Central design include:
- Flexible options for student privacy. No requirement for date of birth or full student name.
- School-controlled public display of school and class names on leaderboards.
- Data hosted securely on Australian-based Information Registered Security Assessors Program (IRAP) certified cloud services.
- Encryption of all data both at rest and in transit.