The humble keyboard is a fixture in many people’s everyday lives whether it be at school or work, however many people are not aware of the numerous useful Keyboard shortcut “hacks”.
Keyboard shortcut “hacks” – Scrolling using the space bar
- Hitting the space bar will scroll down the page for you whilst tapping shift and space bar will take you back up!
Close your page :
- PC: Alt and F4
- Mac: Command and H
Enhance your page:
- PC: Ctrl and + (for zooming in)
- Ctrl and – (for zooming out)
- Mac: Command and + (for zooming in) and Command and – (for zooming out)
Copy and Paste (In the format you’re already writing in):
- PC: Ctrl , Alt and V
- Mac: Command , Option and V
To go back a page:
- PC: Alt and left arrow
- Mac: Option and left arrow
To go forward a page:
- PC: Alt and right arrow
- Mac: Option and right arrow
Keyboard shortcut “hacks” to move your page
Do you wish there was a way to move your window around without, you know, moving it around yourself? Well, there is! Just use the window key and the arrows to move your window to the side, minimise it or maximise it.
- ( PC only)
- Left: Window and left arrow
- Right: Window and right arrow
- Maximise: Window and up arrow
- Minimise: Window and down arrow
Restore a closed page:
- PC: Ctrl, Shift and T
- Mac: Command, Option and T
Bookmark a page:
- PC: Ctrl and D
- Mac: Command and D
To rename documents, folders etc:
- PC: Click the file then F2
- Mac: Click the file then the Enter button
For a full ist of keyboard shortcuts or “hacks”
Teaches Typing for Life
A complete, 10-finger typing course that teaches the vital skill of touch typing.
Users can jump right in at their existing skill level and then progress at their own pace through 128 Lessons, Games & Drills. Progressively introduces the whole keyboard and actively promotes the use of the right fingers on the right keys. Uses a medieval tournament theme to engage students. Powerful management tools for parents and teachers. Ages 6 to Adult.