Term 4 2021 Literacy Challenge
Motivate your class to work on Reading and Word Skills with the Term 4, 2021 Literacy Challenge
Participate in the FREE Term 4, 2021 Literacy Challenge. Give your students a great opportunity to build their reading, comprehension and word skills.
Compete for either:
The class with the highest number of Words Rock Online questions answered in the week.
The class with the highest number of Volcanic Panic Reading Success questions answered in the week.
Its free to enter – Here’s how!
Schools with an existing subscription either of Words Rock Online or Volcanic Panic Reading Success Online may use their existing subscription with the regular student accounts.
Schools without a subscription for either one or both of Words Rock Online or Volcanic Panic Reading Success Online may start a FREE Trial here.
When is the Term 4 Literacy Challenge held?
Starts 12:00 am Sunday November 7th and ends 11:59:59 PM AEDT Saturday November 13th.
How does the Literacy Challenge work?
Each week, both the Words Rock Leaderboard and the Volcanic Panic Reading Success Leaderboard calculate and display in rank order, the total number of questions answered correctly for each class broken down by country, state and age group. At the end of the designated Literacy Challenge week we will award Gold, Silver and Bronze status to Australian schools on an age group basis. Since the results will be displayed on the Leaderboard classes ranking lower than a 1st, 2nd or 3rd position can still see their rank and celebrate accordingly.
What About Awards?
Teachers and School Administrator can print Literacy Challenge Certificates for their students after logging in and viewing the leaderboard for their school. They simply click on the icon next to the class!
The Leaderboard allows users who are logged in to see the ranking of classes within your school allowing you to recognize achievement in your local context too.
Use the lead up week to prepare
Start using Words Rock and Volcanic Panic Reading Success right now to prepare the students for a final push in the Challenge Week. From 1 class to the whole school – all may participate in the Literacy Challenge. Students can work on their reading and words skills from school or home on any device, including iPads. It’s open to any class from any school anywhere in Australia.
The winning schools will automatically display on the Leaderboard on the Sunday following the challenge week. Their achievement will also be preserved in perpetuity by posting in the EdAlive blog.
Getting started for schools with existing subscriptions or a current or new Free Trial
- If you already have an existing Free Trial or a paid subscription just start competing and your results will be automatically entered in the competition.
- Each correctly answered question by a student in any one of your classes will count towards the weekly total. Join up as many classes as you can and compete within your school as well!
If you don’t have an existing subscription or Free Trial
- Start a FREE Trial here
- Start your teacher account. In the process you’ll need to identify your school to enable us to be in touch with you to give you access during the Challenge.
- Enter your students
- Print the students’ logins for them and start answering maths questions in either Words Rock Online or Volcanic Panic Reading Success Online or both.
Help.edalive.com has extensive resources to get you up and running.
- EdAlive Central Help shows you how to set up your school and enter your students details.
- Words Rock Online Help shows you how to get the most from Words Rock.
- Volcanic Panic Reading Success Online Help shows you how to get the most from Volcanic Panic Reading Success.
Important Information regarding class tallys
- We employ standard deviation filters to ensure that results that are atypical for a student are discounted and not used for the calculation of class results. This methodology assumes that each student will build their skills in a progressive manner and guards against the possibility of others with higher skills artificially inflating a student’s result by working in their account.Words