Term 2 2021 Maths Challenge
Motivate your class to work on Maths with the Term 2, 2021 Maths Challenge
Participate in the FREE Term 2, 2021 Maths Challenge. Give your students a great opportunity to build their maths skills.
Compete for either:
The class with the highest number of Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online questions answered in the week.
The class with the highest number of Maths Invaders Online questions answered in the week.
Its free to enter – Here’s how!
Schools with an existing subscription either of Baggin’ The Dragon Maths Online or Maths Invaders Online may use their existing subscription with the regular student accounts.
Schools without a subscription for either one or both of Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online or Maths Invaders Online may start a FREE Trial here.
When is the Term 2 Maths Challenge held?
Starts 12:00 am Sunday June 6th and ends 11:59:59 PM AEDT Saturday June 12th.
How does the Maths Challenge work?
Each week, both the Maths Invaders Leaderboard and the Baggin’ the Dragon Leaderboard calculate and display in rank order, the total number of questions answered correctly for each class broken down by country, state and age group. At the end of the designated Maths Challenge week we will award Gold, Silver and Bronze status to Australian schools on an age group basis. Since the results will be displayed on the Leaderboard classes ranking lower than a 1st, 2nd or 3rd position can still see their rank and celebrate accordingly.
What About Awards?
Teachers and School Administrator can print Maths Challenge Certificates for their students after logging in and viewing the leaderboard for their school. They simply click on the icon next to the class!
The Leaderboard allows users who are logged in to see the ranking of classes within your school allowing you to recognize achievement in your local context too.
Use the lead up week to prepare
Start using Maths Invaders right now to prepare the students for a final push in the Challenge Week. From 1 class to the whole school – all may participate in the Maths Challenge. Students can work on their maths from school or home on any device, including iPads. It’s open to any class from any school anywhere in Australia.
The winning schools will automatically display on the Leaderboard on the Sunday following the challenge week. Their achievement will also be preserved in perpetuity by posting in the EdAlive blog.
Getting started for schools with existing subscriptions or a current or new Free Trial
- If you already have an existing Free Trial or a paid subscription just start competing and your results will be automatically entered in the competition.
- Each correctly answered question by a student in any one of your classes will count towards the weekly total. Join up as many classes as you can and compete within your school as well!
If you don’t have an existing subscription or Free Trial
- Start a FREE Trial here
- Start your teacher account. In the process you’ll need to identify your school to enable us to be in touch with you to give you access during the Challenge.
- Enter your students
- Print the students’ logins for them and start answering maths questions in either Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online or Maths Invaders Online or both.
Help.edalive.com has extensive resources to get you up and running.
- EdAlive Central Help shows you how to set up your school and enter your students details.
- Maths Invaders Online Help shows you how to get the most from Maths Invaders.
- Baggin’ the Dragon Online Help shows you how to get the most from Baggin’ the Dragon.
Important Information regarding class tallys
- We employ standard deviation filters to ensure that results that are atypical for a student are discounted and not used for the calculation of class results. This methodology assumes that each student will build their skills in a progressive manner and guards against the possibility of others with higher skills artificially inflating a student’s result by working in their account.