This download is for the classic end-of-life installable version and technical support is no longer available. PC only – not compatible with Apple macOS.
This version works offline and does not contain the same advanced features as the new Online Learning websites – data can NOT be migrated between this version and the web version.
The educational learning outcomes from this title are available in these Online Learning websites:
Typing – Typing Tournament Online
The complete, 10-finger typing course
Teaches Typing for Life
Challenging fun for typists of all ages and abilities! A powerful typing tutor for children and adults of all ages including absolute beginners, “Let’s Try Again” typists and “Need a Refresher” typists. Get started straight out of the box, or take advantage of the powerful diagnostic and reporting capabilities to zero in on your learning needs.
- Master the keyboard by revealing 16 medieval worlds
- Start anywhere, adjust your goals and complete the challenge to take on the Dark Typist!
- Progressively introduces the whole keyboard
- Reinforces new keys with games, drills and progress tests
- Revolutionary new Multiple Progressions Model
- Builds kinetic memory through Home Row and Vertical Key Path exercises
- Colour-coded keyboard, visual prompts
- Animated demonstrations of correct finger placement and visual prompts
- Teaches good posture and typing habits
- Includes three action-packed typing games and a progress test
Battle your way through 16 medieval locations!
A fantastic typing adventure awaits you! Complete the quest and prove yourself worthy of challenging the Dark Typist! Collect rewards and tokens as you journey through 16 medieval environments, from the Dragon’s Cave to the Throne Room. Each location presents four new keys with a lesson, demonstration, practice drills, three action-packed typing games and a progress test. Only you can rid the land of the Dark Typist’s tyranny!
Typing Tournament is divided into 16 lessons each with multiple drills, games and a progress test across three maps. Upon successfully completing each lesson, players progress to the next medieval location and receive a printable certificate of achievement to applaud their chivalry! The drills, games and tests all use meaningful, informative and entertaining texts that are specifically linked to each lesson’s focus keys!
Multiple Progressions Model
Typing Tournament reinforces keyboard familiarity and strengthens muscle memory with the Multiple Progressions Model, a unique model for teaching typing specially designed to break the negative learning cycle and give users maximum flexibility in establishing and reaching their typing goals. This enables players to continually improve as complexity increases.
Typing for the whole family
Typing Tournament is designed for all ages and stages, so the whole family can learn to touch type! Whether you’re a novice, typing whiz or someone whose skills are just a little rusty, Typing Tournament is for you! The carefully crafted content is interwoven with an exciting story, cool graphics and fun games. It’s a great way to master an essential real-world skill!
Comprehensive features for home and school
Available in different versions to suit your needs from home use through to full shared network use in a school context.
Motivation and engagement for kids
- Motivational mystery! Finish the lessons and find out what happens when you meet The Dark Typist?
- Colour-coded keyboard, animated demonstrations of correct finger placement, and visual prompts.
- Designed for maximum reinforcement of muscle memory and finger movement patterns
- Displays a keyboard layout to show mastered and ‘in-progress’ keys so that players can concentrate on particular areas needing attention
- Customise user profiles with a huge range of cool user icons
- Simple, kid-friendly animated interface that enhances self-directed learning
Administration and reporting
- Powerful administration and user-management features that can track the results of up to 10 users
- Display, export and print detailed user statistics
- Powerful administrative tools allow you to manage users and print results
- Includes extensive record keeping to monitor progress, including overall speed and accuracy
Save time with Integrated User Lists
EdAlive’s IUL (Integrated User List) technology streamlines the integration of user data with other EdAlive version 2 titles, including BRAINtastic, Ultimate Maths Invaders, Volcanic Panic, Baggin’ the Dragon and Words Rock – kids’ profiles created in one title will automatically be available in the others (does not work with earlier versions of these titles).
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10