This download is for the legacy end-of-life installable version and no technical support is available.
Looking for the online learning website version with all the latest features? Take a free trial or subscribe today at EdAlive Central.
The educational content of this title has been migrated to Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online, while the multiplayer game environment has been migrated along with Reading Success educational content to Volcanic Panic Reading Success Online.
Download the installable version of this classic title for Windows. This version works offline and does not contain the same advanced features as the new Online Learning websites – data can NOT be migrated between this version and the web version.
This installable software is now End-Of-Life and technical support is no longer available – compatibility with future Windows operating system updates can not be guaranteed and is untested.
NOTE: This software is not compatible with Apple macOS.
Mastering the world of numbers!
Over 7,700 Educational Activities embedded in a highly engaging game that comprehensively cover: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, and Numeration for children Aged 5 – 15+. More about the educational content and curriculum correlations
Build mental maths power & problem solving strategies
This multi award winning title helps kids master the world of numbers and outwit your competitors in this exciting single and multiplayer game! With powerful diagnostic and reporting capabilities, this curriculum-rich board game based adventure zeroes in on your child’s learning needs.
Your plane has just crash-landed on a volcanic island that’s about to blow! Race round the island grabbing fuel canisters and, with some sneaky strategy and some luck, you’ll zoom off in the jet-powered escape pod. Complete activities to earn credits, buy sneaky gadgets and get the fuel, but watch out! Quick Quiz Squares, Prison, and other surprises could see someone else grab the escape pod, while you’re left with the life raft.
Let the fun begin
- Play independently OR with others using the unique multiplayer mode: up to four players of diverse abilities can set their own maths level and compete with an equal chance of winning. Let the fun begin!
- Each player competes at their own maths level, so every player has a real chance of winning! Match 6-year-old Tina’s tables against Peter’s proportion and Dad’s decimals!
- Vary the gameplay to your level and interest by choosing one of the five graded game boards built around the exploding island
- Elements of chance and strategy mean any player can win, not just the best mathematician!
- Use the 10 types of quirky gadgets to your advantage but watch out for other players! Try to pinch other players’ strength, stop them from pinching yours, swap places when they’re in a better position, and more as you conquer the Fiery Felon!
- Use strategy, skill and sneaky gadgets to win!
- Make it through to the end to watch the fantastic Reward Movie of you escaping the exploding island!
Powerful and feature packed
Numbers Up Volcanic Panic is packed full of powerful features that enable you to zero in on your child’s learning needs for home and school.
The Educational Content
Numbers Up Volcanic Panic uses a carefully crafted progression of activities that begins with basic knowledge and introduces new concepts gradually, extending students at their own pace.
- 7,700 individually sequenced Educational Activities across 33 progressive levels for children aged 5 -15+ covering:
- Place Value
Each and every Educational Activity is purpose built to fulfill specific educational outcomes.
- Fulfills the curriculum outcomes of the Australian Curriculum and the New Zealand TKI
- Complements Numbers Up! Baggin’ the Dragon, together covering over 90% of the maths curriculum
How it works
- Students choose an appropriate starting level and then advance at their own pace through the 7,700 activities across the 33 progressive levels as they build solid foundations to create maths skills for everyday living
- Includes a broad range of interactive activities for all learning styles. Question types include word problems, algorithms, number quizzes, multiple-choice questions, maths patterns and much more!
- Enhances reasoning skills and develops flexible problem-solving strategies
- Supports and strengthens learning by employing constant positive feedback
- Great for both group work and individual learning, in the classroom or at home
- More than maths! The integration of maths and language appeals to language-oriented learners, stimulating a variety of learning strategies and building greater reading and comprehension skills!
- Appeals to learners of all ages and stages!
Comprehensive features home and school
Available in different versions to suit your needs from home use through to full shared network use in a school context.
Motivation and engagement for kids
- Highly engaging Volcanic Panic game
- Game length can be varied by either the number of turns or duration in minutes
- Games in progress can be saved, enabling students to spread play and learning over multiple sessions
- Customisable user profiles with a huge range of cool user icons
- Customisable for individual players by setting the ability level and individually enabling or disabling different maths categories
- Simple, kid-friendly animated interface that enhances self-directed learning
- Set ability level according to age
Administration and reporting
- Powerful administration and user-management features that can track the results of up to 10 users
- Display, export and print detailed user statistics
- Create and allocate different content settings for each user
- Monitor each child’s progress using smart record keeping for the targeting of individual needs for extension and revision
- Search for specific questions by number or title
- Fine-tuned educational content with large window sizes, and drag-and-drop and snap-to functionality for ease of use
- Concentrate on areas needing attention with Questions Only mode
Save time with Integrated User Lists
EdAlive’s Integrated User List (IUL) technology streamlines the integration of user data with other EdAlive Version 2 titles, including BRAINtastic, Ultimate Maths Invaders, Volcanic Panic, Words Rock and Typing Tournament. With IUL kids’ profiles created in one title will automatically be available in the others.
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
Up to 4-person multiplayer game
The Volcanic Panic v2 game play allows up to four players to play simultaneously. This unique multiplayer mode allows each player to compete at their own level. These players can be either other users of Volcanic Panic, or they can be controlled by the computer.
- Play the gameplay to your level and interest by choosing one of the five graded game boards
- Play independently OR with others using the unique multiplayer mode: up to four players of diverse abilities set their own maths level and compete with an equal chance of winning. Let the fun begin!
- Each player competes at their own maths level, so every player has a real chance of winning. Match 6-year-old Tina’s tables against Peter’s proportion and Dad’s decimals!
- Elements of chance and strategy mean any player can win, not just the best mathematician
- Use the 10 types of quirky gadgets to your advantage but watch out for other players. Try to pinch other players’ fuel, stop them from pinching yours, swap positions, triple your dice roll, and more
- Use strategy, skill and sneaky gadgets to win!